Additional Included Highlights
- Berlin: Drive down the Unter den Linden. See the Brandenburg Gate, State Opera House, remnants of the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: See the Frauenkirche, 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic mural, cathedral, the Opera House and Zwinger Palace. Learn about the traditional German Christmas Pyramids.
- Nuremberg: See the distinguishing medieval architecture of the city walls and stone towers of the Alt Stadt (Old Town).
- Munich: On your orientation tour, see the Victory Arch, Town Hall and Glockenspiel in the Marienplatz.
- Dresden: At the Christmas Market, meet a stallholder and taste the local Christstollen with a glass of Glühwein.
- Munich: Gather with your friends for a festive Celebration Dinner with wine in the fun-loving Bavarian capital.
- Dining Summary: 7 Buffet Breakfasts (BB); plus 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 2 Three-course table d’hôte Dinners (DW) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD) all with wine, plus tea or coffee.
- Berlin: With a Local Expert, explore the highlights of the city including Brandenburg Gate, remnants of the Berlin Wall and the restored Reichstag Building.
- Dresden: Your guided tour with a Local Expert shows you the Frauenkirche, the colossal 'Procession of the Dukes' mosaic, the cathedral, Semper Opera House and Zwinger Palace.
Stay at the Best Addresses
- Berlin: The Swissôtel Berlin, located in the heart of West Berlin, is ideal for exploring the numerous galleries, museums and sights, such as the nearby Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche anti-war memorial, the impressive KaDeWe department store and the Tiergarten Park. It features outstanding architecture and a remarkable private collection of contemporary German art.
- Nuremberg: The Maritim Nuremberg awaits you in the immediate vicinity of the historic old city with its numerous monuments and buildings, including the Kaiserburg and a host of fascinating museums.
Top Rated Highlights
- Leipzig: Visit Thomaskirche where Bach worked as a Kapellmeister, a conductor, and his remains are now buried.
- Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber: Fortified by ancient walls, picturesque and unspoiled, Rothenburg is a fairy tale come true at any time of year. It dazzles in December, with its 500-year-old Reiterlesmarkt lending a festive air to the cobbled streets and medieval buildings.
- Christmas Markets: Experience the wonderment of the Christmas Markets of each city, some of the oldest in Europe. Shop for local delicacies and drink the heart-warming Glühwein. Keep an eye out for the Nuremberg Plum People and marvel at the Lepizig Christmas Pyramid.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.