15 October 2021
- Experience Patagonia and Antarctica in one expedition cruise
- Discover the magnificent Chilean fjords
- See Cape Horn and cross the Drake Passage
- Enjoy ice-cruising, landings and encounters with wildlife in Antarctica
- Transfer from the ship to Ushuaia airport after the expedition cruise
- Flight in economy class from Ushuaia to Buenos Aires
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurant Aune
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with live scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, sauna with floor-to-ceiling window, indoor gym
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Escorted landings with small expedition boats while in Antarctica
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help with your camera settings before landings
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Medical questionnaire is mandatory
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
The ‘Jewel of the Pacific’ - Valparaiso, Chile
This expedition cruise starts in colourful Valparaíso. One of the best ways to see this town is by riding its funiculars to sweeping views. Explore the port to get a feel for Chile’s seafaring side. We also recommend a visit to the Historic Quarter before embarking on MS Fram. You can also add an optional 4-day Pre-Program to Atacama Desert, the driest desert in the world.
Sailing South - At sea
As we make our way along the Pacific coast of Chile, the Expedition Team will start the lecture program to prepare you for the experiences ahead. Make sure to also spend some time on deck to look out for wildlife.
Cosmopolitan Castro - Castro
Castro, set among windswept hills and green vegetation, is known for its colourful `palafitos´, wooden houses mounted on stilts along the water's edge, as well as the UNESCO World Heritage Site Iglesia San Francisco.
Waters of Patagonia - At sea
We sail south through the fabled waters of Patagonia and to one of the world’s most remote and beautiful places: the province of Ultima Esperanza, meaning ‘Last Hope’. We voyage through iconic Andean seascapes for views of a glorious expanse of undisturbed nature.
Isolated Beauty - Puerto Edén
The village of Puerto Edén in Bernardo O’Higgins National Park will enchant you. It is known for its geographical isolation, situated at the end of a deep fjord and surrounded by mountains. Its population of 250 includes the 15 remaining members of the Kawéskar tribe.
Torres del Paine National Park - Puerto Natales - Full Day
Puerto Natales is the gateway to the Torres del Paine National Park, world famous for the impressive “Torres del Paine” (Towers of Paine) rock formation. Explore the park on our optional excursion to discover a landscape of stunning variety, from the vast open steppe to rugged mountain terrain topped by looming peaks that host a wide variety of wildlife. Watch for llamas, pumas, and foxes in addition to more than 100 species of birds, such as the Andean condor.
A Paradise for Nature Lovers - Chilean fjords
Deep fjords and tall mountains plunging into the icy water characterize this wild area that seems almost untouched by humans. Glacial ice has scoured its way between the mountains, creating the lovely isolated islands and hidden bays that form this unique fjord landscape.
Cape Horn and the Drake Passage - At Sea
In the morning we will sail through the scenic Beagle Channel before we continue into open waters, and if conditions allow, we will make an attempt to land on Cape Horn – the southernmost tip of South America.
Next, we sail the legendary Drake Passage while our lecture series prepares you for Antarctica’s fantastic wildlife and history. You’ll learn how to make your visit as safe and as sustainable as possible and you’ll join Citizen Science programs to help collect data for current scientific research.
The Most Remote and Beautiful Places on Earth - Antarctica
Antarctica never ceases to amaze and astound. 90% of the world´s ice is here, and the continent virtually doubles in size of due to sea ice in the winter. In summer, it is a cradle of life, a vital breeding ground for millions of penguins, whales and seals.
As outlined in the Antarctic Treaty, this is a continent dedicated to peace, science and tourism that has evolved through millenniums without human interference. Therefore, we adhere to very strict environmental guidelines. We want to leave nothing but footprints and take nothing but pictures!
The elements rule in Antarctica, and our experienced Captain will create the best itinerary possible for your adventure. We will attempt landings at several sites in the South Shetlands and on the Antarctic Peninsula and aim to show you the diversity of the reigion´s wildlife and landscape.
Our expert Expedition Team will take you out for ice-cruising and exciting landing activities. There may also be the chance to kayak in the company of whales and icebergs, hike in amazing scenery and perhaps camp on the world´s most isolated continent.
Crossing the Drake Passage - At Sea
MS Fram takes us safely back across the Drake Passage as we continue our lecture series and recap our experiences of Antarctica. Using the state-of-the-art microscopes in the ship’s Science Center, you can analyze samples taken during the expedition cruise to see another kind of ‘wildlife’ at the cellular level.
The End of the Expedition - Ushuaia/Buenos Aires
Sadly, every expedition must come to an end. When we reach Ushuaia in Tierra del Fuego, it is time to say goodbye. Your journey home continues with your flight to Buenos Aires, where you have the chance to extend your stay or join our optional Post-Program to the breathtaking Iguazu Falls.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.