- Sail the entire Pacific coast from San Diego to Vancouver, Canada
- See some of the great cities of the west: Santa Barbara, San Francisco, and Seattle
- Enjoy the pleasant temperatures and blooming flowers of late spring
- Scan the seas for abundant marine wildlife such as seals, whales, and seabirds
- Expedition cruise in a cabin of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including beverages (house beer and wine, sodas, and mineral water) in restaurants Aune and Fredheim
- À la carte restaurant Lindstrøm included for suite guests
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to use at water refill stations on board
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and accompany activities on board and ashore
- Range of included excursions
- Experts on the Expedition Team deliver in-depth lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Center, which has an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- Citizen Science program allows guests to assist with current scientific research
- Professional onboard photographer gives top tips and tricks for the best landscape and wildlife photos
- Use of the ship’s hot tubs, infinity pool, panoramic sauna, outdoor and indoor gyms, and outdoor running track
- Informal gatherings with the crew such as daily recaps and preparation for the day to come
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment for activities
- Complimentary wind- and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers help with your camera settings before landings
- International flights
- Travel protection
- Luggage handling
- Optional shore excursions with our local partners
- Optional small-group activities with our Expedition Team
- Optional treatments in the onboard wellness and spa area
- All planned activities are subject to weather conditions
- Excursions and activities are subject to change
- Please ensure you meet all visa entry requirements
- No gratuities expected
America’s Finest City - San Diego, USA
San Diego is described as `America’s Finest City´ thanks to its laid-back vibe, more than 60 beautiful beaches, the museums of Balboa Park, the Latin-inspired food and architecture, and possibly America’s best weather. We highly recommend booking a Pre-program to explore more of what this city and its surroundings offer before embarking on MS Roald Amundsen.
Southern California’s Island Escape - Avalon, Santa Catalina Island, USA
The charming city of Avalon is set in a tranquil bay on Santa Catalina Island off the coast of Los Angeles. Observe diverse sealife from a glass-bottom boat or explore the island on golf carts like the locals. Hiking trails may pass blackbuck antelope or American bison while the waters boast marlin, swordfish, and yellowtail.
The American Riviera - Santa Barbara, USA
Situated where the vineyards of the Santa Ynez mountains meet the sea, Santa Barbara is known for its beaches, whale-watching, and a proud display of California’s Spanish roots. Visit the Old Mission and its beautiful rose garden, enjoy a meal at Stearns Wharf, or venture outside the city on one of the area’s many hiking trails.
City by the Bay - San Francisco, USA
San Francisco needs no introduction. Our optional excursion will take you to its top sights. Take a cable car up the hills, visit Golden Gate Bridge or Alcatraz, and enjoy the incredible food scene. As our ship leaves the bay at the end of the day, experience sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge at sunset.
North Along the Pacific Coast - At Sea
Days at sea mean you can join the Expedition Team for interesting lectures, learn the basics of expedition photography, and spend time out on deck enjoying the fresh sea air as you scout the waters and coasts for wildlife. Of course, there’s also plenty time to chat and get to know your fellow explorers.
The Emerald City - Seattle, USA
Discover Seattle´s diverse highlights at your leisure or join one of our optional excursions. Visit Pike Place Market, the iconic Space Needle, and an eclectic range of museums. Seattle is often referred to as the `Emerald City´ due to the nearby evergreen forest, and there will be opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors here.
Welcome to Canada! - Vancouver, Canada
From the boutiques on Main Street to the coffee shops of Commercial Drive, the steam clock in Gastown to the heritage-house beachfronts of Kitsilano, you’ll quickly find out why this coastal metropolis is consistently voted one of the worlds´s most liveable cities. Extend your stay and book a Post-program to the nearby mountain resort of Whistler.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.